I've put more photos of Homer, my liquid-cooled dual-opteron system, in a Yahoo! photo album:
A pedant that hangs out in the dark corner-cases of the web.
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
- The Human Solution
- Das Keyboard
- Fentek:Dvorak Keyboards
- Kinesis Ergonomics
- P.I. Engineering
- ThinkGeek: Input Devices
- Alternative Keyboard Gallery
- Belkin: Nostromo Gaming Tools
- PantherXL USB mod
- Griffin Powermate
- Bilbo Innovations: Keyboard Control Pedals
- Stealth Switch
Sunday, June 05, 2005
Places I have to manually sync some subset my address book data:
- home phone
- mobile phone (and wife's)
- car (GPS)
- web address book (Gmail, Yahoo!, and personal--each for multiple accounts)
- Thunderbird address books (four separate systems)
There has got to be a more efficient way!
There are a number of fields missing from the Mozilla Addressbook (bug 85344):
- birthdate (bug 13595)
- mailing address
- more than two email addresses (bug 118665)
- latitude and longitude for GPS devices
- other URLs for personal http:, ftp:, im: (RFC3860), pres: (RFC3859), etc.
Printing from the address book also needs work. Columns are not supported, and the entries are randomly ordered--no sorting allowed (bug 120267).
Building on content I'd long been meaning to port from backups of my old Web Developer Resources site (the predecessor to webcoder.info), I present the new and improved VBScript vs. JScript, which compares the strengths and weaknesses of both languages.