So my DVR missed the most recent episode of the Mole. I decided, rather than grabbing the episode from a torrent, that I'd try and play their game.
- I went to abc.com, and quickly found out that Linux STILL isn't supported (hulu seems to have figured it out).
- So, I grit my teeth and boot into my old, neglected Windows partition and go to abc.com again.
- I had to install a plugin and restart Firefox.
- Finally, after a lengthy download, I chose the episode to watch and got an error.
- I noticed that the error is BECAUSE THERE IS NO AD DATA.
So after all of that, I can't watch the episode because abc.com wasn't able to line up commercials? Brilliant. Advertisers want viewers, so clearly the smartest way to drum up advertising is to lock out viewers!