A pedant that hangs out in the dark corner-cases of the web.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Best Registry Hack Ever: MaximizeApps

This registry hack maximizes windows by default when they open! For years, I've been using a superfluous freeware program for this. I wish I'd known about this much sooner, or that Microsoft had provided some UI for this option (at least in the old TweakUI).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"MaximizeApps"=dword:00000001

Update: Here's how to set it in PowerShell ( ` is the line-continuation character):

New-ItemProperty HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer `
-Name MaximizeApps -Value 1 -PropertyType DWORD

2 comments:

Chris said...

It took you a while to get this up here. I posted this a month ago and gave you credit for it. I suppose I now need to go back and change the link to this post.

Anonymous said...

Magnificent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just too great.
I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like
what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it wise. I can't
wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous
web site.

Also visit my web-site - service laptopuri iasi