A pedant that hangs out in the dark corner-cases of the web.

Friday, November 06, 2009

Netflix Vista Media Center Plugin Broken. Again.

I wonder if the plugin now only supports the brand-new Windows 7, or if this is just buggy, buggy code. Was this broken by one of the near-daily patches Vista has been insisting on lately? Should I start second-guessing Microsoft patches, in case they downgrade functionality, similar to the way iTunes does?

Without Netflix in VMC, I have to decide whether to go back to Mythbuntu (auto commercial skip and better music playlists) or not. It's a shame after all those reinstalls it took to get the 'mature' Vista OS working. But then again, it'd be nice to be able to print again—my print server, which works fine under Linux, is no longer supported under Vista, so I'm supposed to replace it, even though it works fine. Not to mention that not one of my dozen or so gaming controllers works under Vista (or 7, for that matter).

8 comments:

bri said...

So true. I'm having the same issue and thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Just broke for me too... :(

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am experiencing problems with your RSS.
I don't know why I am unable to join it. Is there anyone else getting similar RSS issues?
Anyone that knows the solution can you kindly respond?
Thanx!!

Feel free to surf to my site Buy league of legends referral by Freeleagueoflegendscodes.com

Anonymous said...

Along with the fuel prices and the pain can really add together.

The iPhone just looks thus closed up and managed.
Unlock the iPhone 4is sim-card and rendering it open to
different cell companies' networks.

Look at my website: http://www.jumblygames.com/profile/hawwp/

Anonymous said...

By going Resources incorporate the Source for the Frash
app, Change, and Incorporate.
Deliver an audio message, text, photography or place information to anybody
of the connected buddies.

my blog ... http://mariaoliveira.org/ (mtndew.me)

Anonymous said...

And it increases thе length of a ǥreat purchased string аssociated ѡith plastic ԝhich rеally cann
Ьe moved frpm tableau to a ԁifferent. 28 of the charge cards aгe often worked straight intо twelvе differеnt rrows allongside оne grseting card ցetting
рut in thee initial, a pair of inide minute, tҺree main ԝithin tɦе 3rd, fourth inside tҺe next short period аnd etc.
Youu ԝill fіnd lots of glods whеn іt reaches tҺis area: Equipment love,
Stream-lined Mirrors, сorresponding Accessories, Diamond jewelry, Pilates gear, аnd
in addition Work out Accommodates fߋr girls.

Feel free tߋ ssurf to my website - solitaire download

Anonymous said...

Consequently, it will look appropriate for you but everyone else will see the oversight.
Understanding how to push is really a talent. Work from your
black parts into the light parts.

My web site pencil portrait drawings

Anonymous said...

Sure...hops, in a Russian Imperial Stout nonetheless.
The hotter your iPhone gets, the quicker your battery will die.
Run the Backup Supervisor 2. version, and duplicate the Backup Manager.pgk in the USB root directory.



Here is my web page top cydia sources ios 6